Open as PDF
Types of Bus Slots
Note: The ADSA2 SATA 2-Port RAID Controller connects
to a PCI Bus slot.
ADSA2 Windows Driver Installation
Note: If you are only configuring independent drives using
the host controller all you need to install is the
1. Connect the SATA host controller to an available PCI
2. Turn computer ON. When Windows boots up, the
“Found New Hardware Wizard” pops on the screen and
the Silicon Image SiI 3512 SoftRaid Controller is
3. Place the Driver Disk on your optical drive. Select
automatically look for driver on the wizard.
4. Wait while the wizard installs the software…
5. After driver installation, it is recommended to restart
SATARAID Management Utility Installation
Note: If you are configuring RAID sets, in addition to
installing the driver, you need to install the
SATARAID Management Utility to configure and
monitor the RAID sets. Install the utility from the CD
that came with your package FIRST before
installing the SATA host controller.
1. Turn computer ON. Insert Driver Disk into CDROM.
2. The Addonics Technologies Driver Disk window pops
3. Select SATA RAID Utilities. To download the utility
select model of the controller from the list.
4. Extract the files into your system.
5. Install the Java Runtime Environment software by
clicking the jre-1_5_0_05-windows-i586-p.exe. Follow
6. Install the SATARAID software by clicking Java
SATARaid.exe. Follow the instructions.
7. After software installation, turn your system off.
8. Follow the ADSA Windows Driver installation.
The SATARAID Utility Manual can found in the Driver Disk
under User Guides or can be downloaded from
Confirming Serial ATA Driver Installation
1. Right click the My Computer icon and select Properties.
2. Click Device Manager in the Menu Tree.
3. Click the “+” sign in front of SCSI and RAID Controllers.
You should see Silicon Image SiI 3512 SoftRaid
Technical Support (8:30 am to 6:00 pm PST)
Phone: 408 433-3855
Hard Drive Activity