Open as PDF
Controling the projector using a personal computer
This projector can be controlled by connecting a personal computer with RS-232C terminal.
PC-controllable functions :
• Turning the power ON or OFF
• Changing input signals
• Inputting commands by pressing the buttons on the control panel and remote control
to SERIAL terminal
to SERIAL port
• Make sure that your computer and projector are turned off before connection.
• Boot up the computer first, and then plug the power cord of the LCD projector.
(If you do not follow this instruction, the Comport may not function.)
• There are two RS-232C terminals on the projector. You can use either of them.
• Adapters may be necessary depending on the PC connected to this projector. Contact your dealer for details.
BAUD RATE 9600 [bps]
DATA LENGTH 8 [bits]
PARITY BIT NONE
STOP BIT 1 [bit]
FLOW CONTROL NONE
This projector uses RXD, TXD and GND lines for RS-232C control.
For RS-232C cable,the reverse type cable should be used.
2) Control command diagram
The command consists of the address code, function code, data code, and end code. The length of the command
varies among the functions.
Address code Function code Data code End code
HEX 30h 30h Function Data 0Dh
ASCII '0' '0' Function Data
[Address code] 30h 30h (In ASCII code, '0' '0') fixed.
[Function code] A code of each fixed control move.
[Data code] A code of each fixed control data (number) and not always indicated.
[End code] 0Dh (In ASCII code, ' ') fixed.
XL8U / XL4U / SL4U