Open as PDF
N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v4
Internet LED Is Off
If the Internet LED does not light, check the following:
• Make sure that the Ethernet cable connections are secure at the router and at the modem
• Make sure that power is turned on to the connected modem or computer.
• Be sure that you are using the correct cable.
When connecting the router’s Internet port to a cable or DSL modem, use the cable that
was supplied with the cable or DSL modem. This cable could be a standard
straight-through Ethernet cable or an Ethernet crossover cable.
Wireless 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz LEDs Are Off
If these LEDs stay off, check to see if the Wi-Fi On/Off button on the router has been pressed.
This button turns the wireless radios in the router on and off. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz LEDs
are lit when the wireless radio is turned on.
Cannot Log In to the Router
If you cannot log in to the router from a computer on your local network, check the following:
• If you are using an Ethernet-connected computer, check the Ethernet connection
between the computer and the router as described in the previous section.
• Make sure that your computer’s IP address is on the same subnet as the router. If you are
using the recommended addressing scheme, your computer’s address should be in the
range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254.
• If your computer’s IP address is 169.254.x.x, recent versions of Windows and Mac OS
generate and assign an IP address if the computer cannot reach a DHCP server. These
autogenerated addresses are in the range of 169.254.x.x. If your IP address is in this
range, check the connection from the computer to the router, and reboot your computer.
• If your router’s IP address was changed and you do not know the current IP address,
clear the router’s configuration to factory defaults. This sets the router’s IP address to
192.168.1.1. This procedure is explained in
Factory Settings on page 109.
Internet Explorer, click Refresh to be sure that the Java applet is loaded.
• Try quitting the browser and launching it again.
• Make sure that you are using the correct login information. The factory default login name
is admin and the password is password. Make sure that Caps Lock is off when you enter
• If you are attempting to set up your router as a replacement for an ADSL gateway in your
network, the router cannot perform all gateway services. For example, the router cannot
convert ADSL or cable data into Ethernet networking information. NETGEAR does not
support such a configuration.