Open as PDF
N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v4
Attach the Stand
For optimal wireless network performance, use the stand (included in the package) to
position your router upright.
1. Orient your router vertically
2. Insert the tabs of the stand into the slots on the bottom of your router as shown.
Place your router in a suitable area for installation (near an AC power outlet and accessible
to the Ethernet cables for your wired computers).
Position Your Router
The router lets you access your network from virtually anywhere within the operating range of
your wireless network. However, the operating distance or range of your wireless connection
can vary significantly depending on the physical placement of your router. For example, the
thickness and number of walls the wireless signal passes through can limit the range. For
best results, place your router:
• Near the center of the area where your computers and other devices operate, and
preferably within line of sight to your wireless devices.
• So it is accessible to an
AC power outlet and near Ethernet cables for wired computers.
• In an elevated location such as a high shelf, keeping the number of walls and ceilings
between the router and your other devices to a minimum.