Open as PDF
Getting Started with NETGEAR genie
N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v4
Join Your Wireless Network
You can use the manual or the WPS method to join your wireless network.
With the manual method, you choose the network that you want and enter its password to
To connect manually:
1. On your computer or wireless device, open the software that manages your wireless
connections. The wireless software scans for all wireless networks in your area.
2. Look for your network and select it.
The preset SSID (wireless network name) and preset WiFi password are on the router
label. If you changed these settings, look for the network name that you used.
3. Enter the router password and click Connect.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Method
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) lets you connect to a secure WiFi network without typing its
password. Instead, press a button or enter a PIN. NETGEAR calls WPS Push 'N' Connect.
Some older WiFi equipment is not compatible with WPS. WPS works only with WPA2 or WPA
To use WPS to join the wireless network:
1. Press the WPS button on the router.
2. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless device, or follow the WPS
instructions that came with the device.
The WPS process automatically sets up your wireless computer with the network
password and connects you to the wireless network.