Open as PDF
26 _Getting started
4. Select the one
in the list
: SSID(Service Set Identifier) is a name that identifies a wireless
network. Access points and wireless devices attempting to connect
to a specific wireless network must use the same SSID. The SSID is
refers to the type of wireless
: allows wireless devices to communicate directly with each
other in a peer-to-peer environment.
: allows wireless devices to communicate with each
other through an access point.
If wireless security setting window appears, enter the registered
password (network key) and click
Wizard Setup Confirmation
window appears, please check your
wireless setup. If the setup is right, click
Now go to Installing the driver software.
Installing the driver software
You must install the printer driver software for printing. The software
includes drivers, applications, and other user friendly programs.
If your IP assignment method is DHCP and IP address can be changed
whenever machine is turned on, we recommend you to use the Bonjour
program. Go to the http://developer.apple.com/networking/bonjour/
download/, select the program Bonjour for Windows according to your
computer operating system, and install the program. In case of Mac OS X,
this program might be already installed in your PC. This program will allow
you to fix the network parameter automatically. This Bonjour program does
not support Linux.
If your IP assignment method is static, follow the steps below.
1. Insert the Printer Software CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. The CD-
ROM should automatically run, and an installation window appears.
2. Click Next.
• If the installation window does not appear, click Start > Run. Type
X:\Setup.exe, replacing “X” with the letter which represents your
drive and click OK.
• If you use Windows Vista, click Start > All Programs >
Accessories > Run, and type X:\Setup.exe.
3. Select Typical installation for a network printer, and then click Next.
4. The list of machines available on the network appears. Select the printer
you want to install from the list and then click Next.
5. After the installation is finished, a window appears asking you to print a
test page and to register yourself as a user of Samsung machines in
order to receive information from Samsung. If you wish to do so, select
the corresponding checkbox(es) and click Finish.
If your network’s operation mode is
, select the
of the access point. If the operation mode is
, select the
. Note that “airportthru” is the default
Disconnect the network cable (standard or crossover). Your
machine should then start communicating wirelessly with the
network. In case of
mode, you can use a wireless LAN
and wired LAN simultaneously.
, you must disconnect the
network cable to activate wireless network after completing the
• The following procedure is based on Windows XP. The procedure
and popup window which appears during the installation may differ
depending on the operating system, machine features, or the
interface in use.
• Make sure that the network setup for your machine is completed.
(See "Setting up the network" on page 21.) All applications should
be closed on your computer before beginning installation.
• The installation window may slightly differ, if you are
reinstalling the driver.
• View User’s Guide: Allows you to view the User’s Guide. If
your computer does not have Adobe Acrobat, click on this
option and it will automatically install Adobe Acrobat Reader
• If you do not see your machine on the list, click Update to
refresh the list, or select Add TCP/IP Port to add your machine
to the network. To add the machine to the network, enter the
port name and the IP address for the machine.
• To verify your machine’s IP address or the MAC address, print
a Network Configuration Report page.
If your machine does not work properly after the installation, verify
your network settings and try reinstalling the printer driver.