Open as PDF
Selecting and loading print media_28
selecting and loading print media
This chapter introduces you how to load originals and print media into your machine.
This chapter includes:
• Selecting print media
• Changing the size of the paper in the paper tray
• Printing on special print materials
• Adjusting the output support
• Setting the paper size and type
SELECTING PRINT MEDIA
You can print on a variety of print media, such as plain paper, envelopes,
labels, and transparencies. Always use print media that meet the guidelines
for use with your machine. Print media that does not meet the guidelines
outlined in this user’s guide may cause the following problems:
• Poor print quality
• Increased paper jams
• Premature wear on the machine.
Properties, such as weight, composition, grain, and moisture content, are
important factors that affect the machine’s performance and the output
quality. When you choose print materials, consider the following:
• The type, size and weight of the print media for your machine are
described later in this section.
• Desired outcome: The print media you choose should be appropriate for
• Brightness: Some print media are whiter than others and produce
sharper, more vibrant images.
• Surface smoothness: The smoothness of the print media affects how
crisp the printing looks on the paper.
• Some print media may meet all of the guidelines in this section and
still not produce satisfactory results. This may be the result of
improper handling, unacceptable temperature and humidity levels,
or other variables over which Samsung has no control.
• Before purchasing large quantities of print media, ensure that
meets the requirements specified in this user’s guide.
Using print media that does not meet these specifications may cause
problems, requiring repairs. Such repairs are not covered by
Samsung’s warranty or service agreements.
Make sure not to use the inkjet photo paper with this machine. It could
cause damage to the machine.