Open as PDF
4.1 Overview 4 Replacement Procedures
PORTEGE A200 Maintenance Manual (960-499) 4-3
Before you begin
Take note of the following points before starting work. Always remove the AC adapter and
battery pack before commencing any of the procedures. The procedure for removing the
battery pack is described in section “4.2 Battery Pack”.
1. Do not disassemble the computer unless it is operating abnormally.
2. Use the designated tools.
3. Ensure that the environment for working on and storing parts does not contain any of
? Dust or dirt
? Static electricity
? Extremely hot, cold, or humid conditions
4. Perform the diagnostic tests described in Chapter 2 to determine which FRU is the
cause of the fault.
5. Do not perform any unnecessary work. Always work in accordance with the
disassembly and re-assembly procedures in this manual.
6. Keep parts removed from the computer in a safe place away from the computer where
they will not be damaged or interfere with your work.
7. Disassembling requires the removal of a large number of screws. Keep removed
screws in a safe place such that you can determine which screws belong to which part.
8. When reassembling, ensure that you use the correct screws and fit parts in the correct
position. Screw sizes are noted in the text and figures.
9. As all parts have sharp edges and corners, take care not to cut yourself.
10. After replacing an FRU, check that the computer and replaced part operate correctly.