Open as PDF
Appendix G BIOS Rewrite Procedures Appendices
PORTEGE A200 Maintenance Manual (960-499) G-1
Appendix G BIOS Rewrite Procedures
This Appendix explains how to rewrite the system BIOS program when you update the system
To rewrite the BIOS, you need the following tool:
? BIOS/EC/KBC rewriting disk for the computer that has renewed BIOS data.
Rewriting the BIOS
Note: 1. Connect the AC adaptor to the computer when you rewrite the BIOS.
2. Do not turn off the power while you are rewriting the BIOS.
If the rewrite fails, it might be impossible to start up the computer.
3. If you fail to rewrite BIOS, then when you next turn on the power, a message
may be displayed that the contents of the BIOS have been damaged. In this
case, insert the BIOS/EC/KBC rewriting disk and the BIOS will be rewritten.
1. Set the system to boot mode.
2. Turn off the power to the computer.
3. Remove the external cable and PC card.
4. Connect a USB FDD and insert the BIOS/EC/KBC rewriting disk into either the USB
5. Turn on the power while holding down the key (US) or key (UK).
The BIOS rewriting starts.
6. When the process is completed, eject the BIOS/EC/KBC rewriting disk and the system is