Open as PDF
2.4 System Board Troubleshooting 2 Troubleshooting Procedures
PORTEGE A200 Maintenance Manual (960-499) 2-19
Procedure 2 Debug Port Check
Check the D port status by a debug port test. The tool for debug port test is shown below.
Figure 2-2 A set of tool for debug port test
The test procedures are follows:
1. Connect the debug test cable to the connector PJ2000 of the system board. For
disassembling to connect the test cable, refer to Chapter 4.
2. Connect the debug port test cable and RS-232C cross-cable to the test board.
3. Connect the RS-232C cross-cable to the PC that displays the test results.
4. Boot the computer in MS-DOS mode.
5. Execute GETDPORT.COM in the text menu in CPU REAL mode. (Insert the FD for
starting D port into FDD and input “FD starting drive:>dport”.)
6. When the D port status is FFFFh (normal status), go to Procedure 3.
7. When the D port status falls into any status in Table 2-5, go to Procedure 4.