Open as PDF
Using the RSPF/SPF
The RSPF/SPF is designed to hold up to 30 originals measuring from 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
to 8-1/2" x 14" and weighting from 14 lbs. to 23.9 lbs.
Make sure that no original is left on the original table.
Adjust the original guides to the size
Set the originals face up in the
original feeder tray.
Stream feeding mode
The stream feeding mode allows easy operation of continuous copying from the
RSPF/SPF. If the stream feeding mode has been enabled using user program No.4,
the RSPF/SPF ( ) indicator will blink approximately 5 seconds after the last
original has been fed by the RSPF/SPF. While this indicator is blinking, any new
originals placed in the original feeder tray will be fed and copied automatically. If the
stream feeding mode has been disabled, the start ( ) key must be pressed each
time the originals are set even immediately after completion of a copy run from the
RSPF/SPF. The default setting of the stream feeding mode is "ON". See "USER
• Before feeding originals in the original feeder tray, be sure to remove
any staples or paper clips from them.
• Before placing curled or wavy originals into the original feeder tray, be
sure to flatten them. If not, original misfeeds may result.
• The RSPF/SPF ( ) indicator on the operation panel will light up. If
this indicator does not light up, the originals are not properly set or the
RSPF/SPF is not properly closed.
• Badly damaged originals may misfeed in the RSPF/SPF. It is
recommended that such originals be copied from the original table.
• Special originals such as transparency film should not be fed through
the RSPF/SPF, but should be placed directly on the original table.
• Image loss (max. 5/32") can occur at the leading and trailing edges of
the copies. Also image loss (max. 11/64" in total) can occur along the
other edges of the copies. It can be 15/64" (max.) at the trailing edge
of the second copy of two-sided copying.
• To stop continuous copying using the RSPF/SPF, press the clear
• Copying using one-sided to one-sided mode (AR-157E):
Ensure that no indicator is lit among the original to copy indicators.
Original face up