Open as PDF
Caution label on the unit
The label ( ) in the fusing area of the unit indicates the following:
: Caution, risk of danger
: Caution, hot surface
Cautions on using
Follow the cautions below when using this unit.
• The fusing area is hot. Exercise care in this area when removing misfed paper.
• Do not look directly at the light source. Doing so may damage your eyes.
• Do not switch the unit rapidly on and off. After turning the unit off, wait 10 to 15
seconds before turning it back on.
• Unit power must be turned off before installing any supplies.
• Place the unit on a firm, level surface.
• Do not install the unit in a humid or dusty location.
• When the unit is not used for a long time, for example for consecutive holidays,
turn the power switch off and remove the power cord from the outlet.
• When moving the unit, be sure to turn the power switch off and remove the power
cord from the outlet.
• Do not cover the unit with a dust cover, cloth or plastic film while the power is on.
Doing so may prevent heat radiation, damaging the unit.
• Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those
specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the unit and shall be easily accessible.
Important points when selecting an installation site
Do not install your unit in areas that are:
• damp, humid, or very dusty
• exposed to direct sunlight
• poorly ventilated
• subject to extreme temperature or humidity changes, e.g., near an air conditioner
Be sure to connect the power cord only to a power outlet that meets the
specified voltage and current requirements. Also make certain the outlet is
Be sure to allow the required space around the machine
for servicing and proper ventilation.
Connect the unit to a power outlet which is not used for other electric
appliances. If a lighting fixture is connected to the same outlet, the light