Open as PDF
13. Lightning : For added protection for this monitor during a lightning
storm or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time,
unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the cable system. This will
prevent damage to the monitor due to lightning and power-line surges.
14. Overloading : Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this
can result in a risk of fire of electric shock.
15. Object and liquid Entry : Never push objects of any kind into this
monitor through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or
short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock.
Never spill liquid of any kind on the monitor.
16. Servicing : Do not attempt to service this monitor yourself as opening or
removing cover may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards.
Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
17. Damage Requiring Service : Unplug this monitor from the wall outlet
and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following
a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
b. If liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the monitor.
c. If the monitor has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the monitor does not operate normally by following the operating
instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the
operating instructions as an improper adjustment of other controls
may result in damage and require extensive work by a qualified
technician to restore the monitor to its normal operation.
e. If the monitor has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
f. When the monitor exhibits a distinct change in performance-this
indicates a need for service.