Open as PDF
6 Quick Reference Guide
• How to remove and replace parts
• How to configure system settings
• How to troubleshoot and solve problems
Dell Latitude™ User’s Guide
Microsoft Windows XP Help and Support Center
Help and Support
Dell User and System
for your computer.
• Service Tag and Express Service Code
• Microsoft Windows License Label
Service Tag and Microsoft
These labels are located on the bottom of your computer.
• Use the Service Tag to identify your computer when you
or contact support.
• Enter the Express
Service Code to direct
your call when
• Solutions — Troubleshooting hints and tips, articles
from technicians, and online courses, frequently asked
• Community — Online discussion with other Dell
• Upgrades — Upgrade information for components, such
as memory, the hard drive, and the operating system
• Customer Care — Contact information, service call and
order status, warranty, and repair information
• Service and support — Service call status and support
history, service contract, online discussions with support
• Reference — Computer documentation, details on my
computer configuration, product specifications, and
• Downloads — Certified drivers, patches, and software
• Notebook System Software (NSS)— If you reinstall the
operating system for your computer, you should also
reinstall the NSS utility. NSS provides critical updates
for your operating system and support for Dell™
3.5-inch USB floppy drives, Intel
M processors, optical drives, and USB devices. NSS is
necessary for correct operation of your Dell computer.
The software automatically detects your computer and
operating system and installs the updates appropriate
for your configuration.
Dell Support Website — support.dell.com
NOTE: Select your region to view the appropriate support
To download Notebook System Software:
, select your business segment,
and enter your Service Tag.
Drivers & Downloads
Click your operating system and search for the keyword
Notebook System Software
NOTE: The support.dell.com user interface may vary
depending on your selections.
What Are You Looking For? Find It Here