Open as PDF
Tips and safety precautions
Monitor and accessory checklist
- Please check that the following items are
included in the package.
- LCD monitor (1)
- Analog signal cable (1)
(model name: 0NK3080420400 (LL-T17A4-H/
- Audio cable (1)
(model name: 0NK3080324700 (LL-T17A4-H/
- CD-ROM (1)
- Operation manual (1)
- Use only the cables supplied with the monitor or
designated cables that are separately
- [LL-T17D4] The digital signal cable (DVI-D24 pin
– DVI-D24 pin) is to be purchased separately.
(model name: NL-C04J)
- [LL-T17D4] The analog signal cable (DVI-I29 pin
– mini D-sub15 pin) is to be purchased
(model name: NL-C02E)
- You are advised to retain the carton in case the
monitor needs to be transported.
- Sharp Corporation holds authorship rights to the
Utility Disk program. Do not reproduce it without
- The shape of the supplied accessories may not
be exactly same as shown in this manual.
- This manual is written for use with the LL-T17A4
and the LL-T17D4. When describing a different
specification between the models, the model
name is also given. (If the model name isn't
given, the description is true for both models. For
product appearance, illustrations of the LL-
T17D4 are used in this manual.)
- In this manual, Microsoft Windows XP will be
referred to as "Windows XP", Microsoft Windows
Millennium as "Windows Me", Microsoft Windows
2000 as "Windows 2000", Microsoft Windows 98
as "Windows 98", Microsoft Windows 95 as
"Windows 95", and Microsoft Windows Version
3.1 as "Windows 3.1". When there is no need to
distinguish between programs, the term
"Windows" will be used.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered
trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple
- All other brand and product names are
trademarks or registered trademarks of their
- The TFT color LCD panel used in this monitor is
made with the application of high precision
technology. However, there may be minute points
on the screen where pixels never light or are
permanently lit. Also, if the screen is viewed from
an acute angle there may be uneven colors or
brightness. Please note that these are not
malfunctions but common phenomena of LCDs
and will not affect the performance of the
- Do not display a still picture for a long time, as
this could cause afterimage to remain.
- If the brightness is adjusted to the minimum
setting it may be difficult to see the screen.
- The quality of the computer signal may influence
the quality of the display. We recommend using a
computer able to emit high quality video signals.
- Never rub or tap the monitor with hard objects.
- Please understand that Sharp Corporation bears
no responsibility for errors made during use by
the customer or a third party, nor for any other
malfunctions or damage to this product arising
during use, except where indemnity liability is
recognized under law.
- This monitor and its accessories may be
upgraded without advance notice.
- Do not use the monitor where ventilation is poor,
where there is a lot of dust, where humidity is
high, or where the monitor may come into
contact with oil or steam, as this could lead to
- Ensure that the monitor does not come into
contact with water or other fluids. Ensure that no
objects such as paper clips or pins enter the
monitor as this could lead to fire or electric
- Do not place the monitor on top of unstable
objects or in unsafe places. Do not allow the
monitor to come into contact with strong shocks
or vibrations. Causing the monitor to fall or topple
over may damage it.
- Do not use in places where the monitor will be
subject to direct sunlight, near heating equipment
or anywhere else where there is likelihood of
high temperature, as this may lead to generation
of excessive heat and outbreak of fire.
The Power Cord
- Do not damage the power cord nor place heavy
objects on it, stretch it or overly bend it. Also, do
not add extension cords. Damage to the cord
may result in fire or electric shock.
- Use only the power cord supplied with the monitor.
- Insert the power plug directly into the AC outlet.
Adding an extension cord may lead to fire as a
result of overheating.