Open as PDF
Replacing the Processor Module
1. Follow the instructions in Before You Begin.
2. Align the pin-1 corner of the processor module with the pin-1 corner of the ZIF socket.
3. Place the processor module lightly in the ZIF socket and ensure that the processor module is positioned correctly.
4. Tighten the ZIF socket by turning the cam screw clockwise to secure the processor module to the system board.
5. Follow the instructions from step 3 to step 20 in Replacing the System Board.
Back to Contents Page
NOTE: If a new processor module is installed, you will receive a new thermal cooling assembly, which will include an affixed thermal pad, or you will
receive a new thermal pad along with documentation to illustrate proper installation.
NOTE: The pin-1 corner of the processor module has a triangle that aligns with the triangle on the pin-1 corner of the ZIF socket.
CAUTION: To avoid damage to the processor module, hold the screwdriver perpendicular to the processor module when turning the cam screw.
CAUTION: Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.