Open as PDF
MULTILINK ETHERNET COMMUNICATIONS SWITCH – QUICKSTART GUIDE 1
Ethernet Communications Switch
Before installing the equipment, it is necessary to take the following precautions if the
equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack assembly:
1. Ensure the environmental temperature is less than or equal to 50°C.
2. Please ensure 1U (1.75") gap is provided above each switch in the enclosure
for heat dissipation.
3. Placement of the equipment must not overload or unevenly load the rack
4. Verify the equipment's power requirements to prevent overloading of
5. Verify that the equipment has a reliable and uncompromised grounding path.
6. Equipment is to be installed by service personnel in a restricted operation
This chapter describes installation of the MultiLink Ethernet Switch, as well as connection
of the various Ethernet media types.
1.2 Determining Mounting Location
For mounting instructions, refer to Section 2, below.
The location of a Unit switch is dependent on the physical layout of the network. The Unit is
typically placed in a central location where groups of network devices need to
communicate. These switches are typically rack mounted in a wiring closet, but because