Open as PDF
HandyTone-486 User Manual Grandstream Networks, Inc.
4 Product Overview
4.1 Key Features
• Supports SIP 2.0(RFC 3261), TCP/UDP/IP, RTP/RTCP, HTTP, ICMP, ARP/RARP,
DNS, DHCP (both client and server), NTP, PPPoE, STUN, TFTP, etc.
• Built-in router, NAT, Gateway and DMZ port forwarding
• Powerful digital signal processing (DSP) to ensure superb audio quality; advanced
adaptive jitter control and packet loss concealment technology
• Support various vocoders including G.711 (alaw and u-law), G.723.1 (5.3K/6.3K),
G.726 (40K/32K/24K/16K), as well as G.728, G.729A/B, and iLBC.
• Support Caller ID/Name display or block, Hold, Call Waiting/Flash, Call Transfer, Call
Forward, in-band and out-of-band DTMF, Dial Plans, etc.
• Support fax pass through
• Support Silence Suppression, VAD (Voice Activity Detection), CNG (Comfort Noise
Generation), Line Echo Cancellation (G.168), and AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
• Support standard encryption and authentication (DIGEST using MD5 and MD5-sess)
• Support for Layer 2 (802.1Q VLAN, 802.1p) and Layer 3 QoS (ToS, DiffServ, MPLS)
• Support automated NAT traversal without manual manipulation of firewall/NAT
• Support device configuration via built-in IVR, Web browser or central configuration file
through TFTP or HTTP
• Support firmware upgrade via TFTP or HTTP with encrypted configuration files.
• Ultra compact (wallet size) and lightweight design, great companion for travelers
• Compact, lightweight Universal Power adapter.