Open as PDF
Caution label on the unit
The label ( , ) in the fusing area of the unit indicates the following:
: Caution, risk of danger : Caution, hot surface
Cautions on using
Follow the cautions below when using this unit.
• The fusing area is hot. Exercise care in this area when removing misfed paper.
• Do not look directly at the light source. Doing so may damage your eyes.
• Place the unit on a firm, level surface.
• Do not install the unit in a humid or dusty location.
• When the unit is not used for a long time, for example during prolonged holidays,
turn the power switch off and remove the power cord from the outlet.
• When moving the unit, be sure to turn the power switch off and remove the power
cord from the outlet.
• Do not switch the unit rapidly on and off. After turning the unit off, wait 10 to 15
seconds before turning it back on.
• Do not cover the unit with a dust cover, cloth or plastic film while the power is on.
Doing so may prevent heat radiation, damaging the unit.
• Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those
specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the unit and shall be easily accessible.
Important points when selecting an installation site
Do not install your unit in areas that are:
• damp, humid, or very dusty
• exposed to direct sunlight
• poorly ventilated
• subject to extreme temperature or
humidity changes, e.g., near an air
conditioner or heater.
Be sure to allow the required space around the
machine for servicing and proper ventilation.
Cautions on handling
Be careful in handling the unit as follows to maintain the performance of this unit.
Do not drop the unit, subject it to shock or strike it against any object.
Do not expose the drum cartridge to direct sunlight.
• Doing so will damage the surface (green portion) of the drum cartridge, causing
smudges on copies.
Store spare supplies such as drum cartridges and TD cartridges in a dark
place without removing from the package before use.
• If they are exposed to direct sunlight, smudges on copies may result.
Do not touch the surface (green portion) of the drum cartridge.
• Doing so will damage the surface of the cartridge, causing smudges on copies.
Supply and Consumables
The supply of spare parts for a repair of the appliance is guaranteed for at least 7 years
following the termination of production. Spare parts are those parts of the apparatus
which may break down within the scope of ordinary use of the product - whereas those
parts which normally exceed the life of the product are not considered spare parts.
Consumables also, are available for 7 years following the termination of production.
8" (20 cm)
AL-2030_2040CS.book 1 ページ ２００７年４月６日 金曜日 午前１１時３２分