Open as PDF
Using the SPF
The SPF is designed to hold up to 50 originals measuring from 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" to
8-1/2" x 14" and weighting from 14 lbs. to 23.9 lbs. (52g/m
Make sure that no original is left on the document glass.
Adjust the original guides to the
size of originals.
Set the originals face up in the
document feeder tray.
Use the peep hole (see the illustration at
right) to check the position of the original.
There is an original top edge mark ▲ in the
peep hole. Align the top edge of the
original with this mark.
• Before feeding originals in the document feeder tray, be sure to
remove any staples or paper clips from them.
• Before placing curled or wavy originals into the document feeder tray,
be sure to flatten them. If not, original misfeeds may result.
• If the original is placed correctly in the SPF, the SPF indicator will light
up. If the original is not placed correctly, the SPF indicator will not
light. If the SPF is not closed correctly, the indicator will blink.
• Badly damaged originals may misfeed in the SPF. It is recommended
that such originals be copied from the document glass.
• Special originals such as transparency film should not be fed through
the SPF, but should be placed directly on the document glass.
• Image loss (max. 5/32" (4mm)) can occur at the leading and trailing
edges of the copies. Also image loss (max. 11/64" (4.5mm) in total)
can occur along the other edges of the copies. It can be 15/64" (6mm)
(max.) at the trailing edge of the second copy of two-sided copying.
• To stop continuous copying using the SPF, press the clear key.
• Copying using one-sided to one-sided mode:
Ensure that no indicator is lit among the original to copy indicators.
Original face up
AL-2030_2040CS.book 48 ページ ２００７年４月６日 金曜日 午前１１時３２分