Open as PDF
Caution label on the unit
The label ( ) in the fusing area of the unit indicates the following:
: Caution, risk of danger
: Caution, hot surface
Cautions on using
Follow the cautions below when using this unit.
• The fusing area is hot. Exercise care in this area when removing misfed paper.
• Do not look directly at the light source. Doing so may damage your eyes.
• Do not switch the unit rapidly on and off. After turning the unit off, wait 10 to 15
seconds before turning it back on.
• Unit power must be turned off before installing any supplies.
• Place the unit on a firm, level surface.
• Do not install the unit in a humid or dusty location.
• When the unit is not used for a long time, for example for consecutive holidays,
turn the power switch off and remove the power cord from the outlet.
• When moving the unit, be sure to turn the power switch off and remove the power
cord from the outlet.
• Do not cover the unit with a dust cover, cloth or plastic film while the power is on.
Doing so may prevent heat radiation, damaging the unit.
• Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those
specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the unit and shall be easily accessible.
Important points when selecting an installation site
Do not install your unit in areas that are:
• damp, humid, or very dusty
• exposed to direct sunlight
• poorly ventilated
• subject to extreme temperature or humidity changes, e.g., near an air conditioner
Be sure to allow the required space around the
machine for servicing and proper ventilation.