Open as PDF
Cautions on handling
Be careful in handling the unit as follows to maintain the performance of this unit.
Do not drop the unit, subject it to shock or strike it against any object.
Do not expose the drum cartridge to direct sunlight.
• Doing so will damage the surface (green portion) of the drum cartridge, causing
smudges on copies.
Store spare supplies such as drum cartridges and TD cartridges in a dark
place without removing from the package before use.
• If they are exposed to direct sunlight, smudges on copies may result.
Do not touch the surface (green portion) of the drum cartridge.
• Doing so will damage the surface of the cartridge, causing smudges on copies.
operating system is a trademark or copyright of Microsoft
Corporation in the U.S.A. and other countries.
Me, Windows NT
XP are trademarks or copyrights of Microsoft Corporation in the
U.S.A. and other countries.
• IBM and PC/AT are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
1987- 2002 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights
reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of
Adobe Systems Incorporated.
• All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
For users in the USA
For users in Canada
Partner, SHARP has determined that
this product meets the
guidelines for energy
This Digital Copier is rated Class 1 and complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and
1040.11 of the CDRH standards. This means that the unit does not produce
hazardous laser radiation. For your safety, observe the precautions below.
• Do not remove the cabinet, operation panel or any other covers.
• The unit’s exterior covers contain several safety interlock switches. Do not
bypass any safety interlock by inserting wedges or other items into switch slots.
A small amount of ozone is produced within the unit during operation. The
emission level is insufficient to cause any health hazard.
The present recommended long term exposure limit for ozone is 0.1ppm
) calculated as an 8hr. time-weighted average concentration.
However, since the small amount that is emitted may have an objectionable odor,
it is advisable to place the unit in a ventilated area.
The Environmental Choice Program guidelines are applied to
the products only in Canada. The products that meet the
Environmental Choice Program guidelines carry the logo
shown to the left. The products without the logo may not meet
the Environmental Choice Program guidelines.