Open as PDF
About interrupt copying
If you press the start ( ) key to begin a copy job while a print job using the paper
tray or multi-bypass tray is in progress, the copy job will begin automatically after the
print data in the unit's memory is printed (interrupt copying). When this is done, the
print data remaining in the computer is not sent to the unit. When the copy job ends,
press the clear ( ) key twice, or press the ON LINE key once to change the unit to
the online state (p.31), or wait until the set auto clear time (p.55) elapses. The
remaining print data will be sent to the unit and printing will resume.
Using the document glass
Open the SPF, and place the original.
Place an original face down on the document glass. Align it
with the original scale and the centering ( ) mark. Gently close
• If you start a print job while a copy job is in progress, the print job will
begin when the copy job is completed.
• The scanning function cannot be used while a copy job is in progress.
• The document glass can read up to 8-1/2" x 14" original.
• Image loss 5/32" (4mm) can occur at the leading and trailing edges of
the copies. Also image loss 11/64" (4.5mm) in total can occur along
the other edges of the copies.
• When copying a book or an original which has been folded or a
crumpled original, press down the SPF lightly. If the SPF is not
securely closed, the copies may be striped or blurred.