Open as PDF
Ideapad Z560/Z565 Hardware Maintenance Manual
Important service information
This chapter presents the following important service information:
• “Strategy for replacing FRUs” on page 16
– “Strategy for replacing a hard disk drive” on page 17
– “Important notice for replacing a system board ” on page 17
• “Strategy for replacing FRUs for CTO, CMV, and GAV” on page 18
– “Product denition” on page 18
– “FRU identication for CTO, CMV, and GAV products” on page 18
• “Important information about replacing RoHS compliant FRUs” on page 20
BIOS and device driver xes are customer-installable. The BIOS and device
drivers are posted on the customer support site:
System Disassembly/Reassembly videos that show the FRU removals or
replacements for the Lenovo
authorized service technicians are available in the
following support site: http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/.
Advise customers to contact the Customer Support Center at 800-426-7378 if they
need assistance in obtaining or installing any software xes, drivers, and BIOS
Customers in Canada should call the Customer Support Center at 800-565-3344
for assistance or download information.
Strategy for replacing FRUs
Before replacing parts:
Make sure that all software xes, drivers, and BIOS downloads are installed
before replacing any FRUs listed in this manual.
After a system board is replaced, ensure that the latest BIOS is loaded to the
system board before completing the service action.
To download software xes, drivers, and BIOS, follow the steps below:
1. Go to http://www.lenovo.com/support.
2. Enter the product number of the computer or press Auto-detect button on
3. Select Downloads and drivers.
4. Follow the directions on the screen and install the necessary software.