Open as PDF
Lenovo IdeaPad Z560/Z565
1040 Hard disk drive
For access, remove these FRUs in order:
• “1010 Battery pack” on page 40
• “1030 Hard disk drive (HDD)/Memory/CPU (Central processing unit)/Mini
PCI ExpressCard slot compartment cover ” on page 42
• Donotdroptheharddiskdriveorapplyanyphysicalshocktoit. The hard
disk drive is sensitive to physical shock. Improper handling can cause damages
and permanent loss of data.
• Before removing the drive, suggest the customer to backup all the information on
it if possible.
• Never remove the drive while the system is operating or is in suspend mode.
Figure 4. Removal steps of Hard disk drive
Remove two screws
. Pull the tab up in the direction shown by arrows
to remove the hard disk drive from the slot.