Open as PDF
Adding Devices (Meters)
To add a meter, right-click on the Ethernet site you want to add the meter to,
and select Insert Device… from the pop-up menu. The Add Ethernet Device
dialog box appears (shown below).
Enter the following information:
• Choose the meter type from the Type list (Power Measurement 7700
• Type a name in the Group box, or choose a Group from the list (by
default the Group will be the name of the workstation).
• Enter a name for the meter (or accept the default). The meter name
must begin with a letter.
• Enter the IP address for the meter.
• Enter the IP Service Port number (socket) for the meter. For a 7700,
7600 and 7500 ION this number is 7700, for a 3720 ACM, 3721.
Saving and Exiting
Once you have added all of your sites and devices to the network tree, click the
Save button (or choose Save from the File menu), and exit Network Builder.
You have now configured your EPM 7700, EPM 7600 and EPM 7500 meters to
operate with the PMCS, and you should be able to access EPM 7700, EPM 7600
and EPM 7700 metering data from PMCS client applications.
CIMPLICITY PMCS Read-This-Book-First EPM Device-Special Considerations • 65