Open as PDF
NOTE: The Uninstaller may not delete some files such as error logs, system
logs, and configuration records, which are created after the PMCS installation is
complete. Since these files are not part of the initial installation, they will not be
removed by the Uninstaller, and must be deleted manually.
If you are uninstalling EPM 7700 components, be aware that the Pegasys
System Log Service does not properly unregister itself as an NT Service. The
following procedure will allow you to manually uninstall this component: the
remaining PMCS software can then be uninstalled in the usual manner.
Uninstalling the Pegasys System Log Service:
1. Open a Command Prompt window.
2. Make the C drive the current directory (assuming your Windows system
files reside on the C drive).
3. Type “slservice –e” EXACTLY as shown and hit enter.
4. If the Pegasys System Log Service was installed and running you will
receive the message “Pegasys System Log Service stopped”. If you do not
receive this message, the Log Service was not installed on your system.
Exit the command prompt and continue uninstalling PMCS.
5. If you received the correct message in step 4, uninstall the service. Type
“slservice –u” EXACTLY as shown and hit enter. A message appears
indicating “Pegasys System Log Service uninstalled”. Exit the command
prompt and continue uninstalling PMCS.
46 • Installing the Software CIMPLICITY PMCS Read-This-Book-First