Open as PDF
Follow the procedure below to efficiently configure your system and minimize
your time to startup.
Host PC Configuration
1. Configure the DDE Server. Your Host PC will likely have several versions
of the DDE Server installed (RS485-Modbus, TCP/IP Modbus, TCP/IP
Encapsulated Modbus and Ethernet-TCP/IP). Configure only the server
appropriate for your PMCS network interface (GE32MODB, GE32MTCP,
GE32GTWY or GE32ENET). See GEH-6510, Network and Device
Configurator, for complete details.
2. EPM 7700, EPM 7600 and EPM 7500 users only (all others proceed to
step 3): Configure the Communications Server and GE 7700 Gateway
Server. If you installed the EPM software options and you are going to use
EPM 7700, EPM 7600 or EPM 7500 devices in your PMCS network, you
will need to configure both the Communications Server and the GE 7700
Gateway Server. For Comm Server configuration instructions, refer to EPM
Software Components Configuration later in this guide. For GE 7700
Gateway Server configuration instructions, refer to DEH-40035, the GE
7700 Gateway Server User’s Guide.
3. Configure the user interface. If your system was provided with a generic
HMI software application, either load or create the custom HMI (using the
Interface Toolkit wizards, if appropriate; see DEH-210, CIMPLICITY
PMCS Interface Toolkit or refer to the HMI software’s documentation.
4. Configure the applications. As appropriate, configure the following
application modules, referring to the instruction manuals provided.
• Event Logger, GEH-6512
• Waveform Capture, GEH-6511
5. Test the applications. Test the functioning of all applications to ensure
proper Host PC operation. Do not proceed to step 5 until you are sure the
Host PC operates as expected.
6. Set up NetDDE. If your system has one or more View Nodes, set up
NetDDE shares and trusts in the Host PC, following the procedures in
GEH-6510, Network & Device Configurator and the CIMPLICITY HMI
7. Set up NetDDE. If your system uses the PMCS Waveform Capture client,
and you intend to access waveform data from View Nodes, set up NetDDE
shares and trusts for the PMCS Waveform Server following the procedures
in GEH-6511, PMCS Waveform Capture Module.
Viewer Workstation Configuration
1. Configure the user interface. Load the custom HMI. Refer to the
CIMPLICITY HMI documentation as appropriate.
2. Configure the applications. As appropriate, configure the application
modules, referring to the instruction manuals provided. See step 3 of the
Host PC Configuration for the appropriate instruction manual numbers.
54 • Configuring the Software CIMPLICITY PMCS Read-This-Book-First