Open as PDF
Thank you for your purchase of a SHARP LCD product. To ensure safety and many
years of trouble-free operation of your product, please read the Safety Precautions
carefully before using this product.
Electricity is used to perform many useful functions, but it can also cause personal injuries and property damage
if improperly handled. This product has been engineered and manufactured with the highest priority on safety.
However, improper use can result in electric shock and/or fire. In order to prevent potential danger, please
observe the following instructions when installing, operating and cleaning the product. To ensure your safety
and prolong the service life of your LCD product, please read the following precautions carefully before using
1. Read instructions—All operating instructions must be read and understood before the product is oper-
2. Keep this manual in a safe place—These safety and operating instructions must be kept in a safe place
for future reference.
3. Observe warnings—All warnings on the product and in the instructions must be observed closely.
4. Follow instructions—All operating instructions must be followed.
5. Cleaning—Unplug the power cord from the AC outlet before cleaning the product. Use a damp cloth to
clean the product. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
6. Attachments—Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer. Use of inadequate attach-
ments can result in accidents.
7. Water and moisture—Do not use the product near water, such as bathtub, washbasin, kitchen sink and
laundry tub, swimming pool and in a wet basement.
8. Stand—Do not place the product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod or table. Placing the product on an
unstable base can cause the product to fall, resulting in serious personal injuries as well as damage to
the product. Use only a cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table recommended by the manufacturer or sold
with the product. When mounting the product on a wall, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Use only the mounting hardware recommended by the manufacturer.
9. When relocating the product placed on a cart, it must be moved with utmost care.
Sudden stops, excessive force and uneven floor surface can cause the product to fall
from the cart.
10. Ventilation—The vents and other openings in the cabinet are designed for ventilation.
Do not cover or block these vents and openings since insufficient ventilation can cause
overheating and/or shorten the life of the product. Do not place the product on a bed,
sofa, rug or other similar surface, since they can block ventilation openings. Do not
place the product in an enclosed place such as a bookcase or rack, unless proper
ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions are followed.
11. Power cord protection—The power cords must be routed properly to prevent people from stepping on
them or objects from resting on them.
12. The LCD panel used in this product is made of glass. Therefore, it can break when the product is
dropped or applied with impact. Be careful not to be injured by broken glass pieces in case the LCD
13. Overloading—Do not overload AC outlets or extension cords. Overloading can cause fire or electric
14. Entering of objects and liquids—Never insert an object into the product through vents or openings. High
voltage flows in the product, and inserting an object can cause electric shock and/or short internal parts.
For the same reason, do not spill water or liquid on the product.
15. Servicing—Do not attempt to service the product yourself. Removing covers can expose you to high
voltage and other dangerous conditions. Request a qualified service person to perform servicing.
DEAR SHARP CUSTOMER