Open as PDF
16. Repair—If any of the following conditions occurs, unplug the power cord from the AC outlet, and request
a qualified service person to perform repairs.
a. When the power cord or plug is damaged.
b. When a liquid was spilled on the product or when objects have fallen into the product.
c. When the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. When the product does not operate properly as described in the operating instructions.
Do not touch the controls other than those described in the operating instructions. Improper adjust-
ment of controls not described in the instructions can cause damage, which often requires extensive
adjustment work by a qualified technician.
e. When the product has been dropped or damaged.
f. When the product displays an abnormal condition. Any noticeable abnormality in the product indicates
that the product needs servicing.
17. Replacement parts—In case the product needs replacement parts, make sure that the service person
uses replacement parts specified by the manufacturer, or those with the same characteristics and per-
formance as the original parts. Use of unauthorized parts can result in fire, electric shock and/or other
18. Safety checks—Upon completion of service or repair work, request the service technician to perform
safety checks to ensure that the product is in proper operating condition.
19. Wall or ceiling mounting—When mounting the product on a wall or ceiling, be sure to install the product
according to the method recommended by the manufacturer.
20. Heat sources—Keep the product away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves and other
heat-generating products (including amplifiers).
21. Power source—This product must operate on a power source specified on the specification label. If you
are not sure of the type of power supply used in your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
For units designed to operate on batteries or another power source, refer to the operating instructions.
The LCD panel is a very high technology product with 3,147,264 thin film transistors, giving you fine picture
Occasionally, a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fixed point of blue, green or red.
Please note that this does not affect the performance of your product.
This is a class A product. In a domestic environment this product may cause radio
interference in which case the user may be required to take adequate measures.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (Continued)