Open as PDF
MULTILINK ML1200 MANAGED FIELD SWITCH – INSTRUCTION MANUAL 3–1
Managed Field Switch
Chapter 3: Installation
Before installing the equipment, it is necessary to take the following precautions:
1. If the equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack assembly, the
steady-state long-term environmental temperature around the equipment
must be less than or equal to 60
2. If the equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack assembly,
adequate airflow must be maintained for proper and safe operation.
3. If the equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack system,
placement of the equipment must not overload or load unevenly the rack
4. If the equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack assembly, verify
the equipment’s power requirements to prevent overloading of the building/s
5. If the equipment is mounted in an enclosed or multiple rack assembly verify
that the equipment has a reliable and uncompromised earthing path.
3.1.1 Locating Multilink ML1200 Switches
For vertical panel mounting and wall mounting, see Section 3.3.
For vertical DIN-Rail mounting, see Section 3.3.1.
For DC power input data, see Appendix B. For Dual Source, see Appendix C
The rugged metal case of the Multilink ML1200 will normally protect it from accidental
damage in a lab or workplace setting. Maintain an open view of the front to visually
monitor the status LEDs. Keep an open area around the unit so that cooling can occur
from convection while the unit is in operation. The ML1200 has no fans, so it is silent when
in operation. Internal electronics use the case as a heat sink, so the unit may normally be
quite warm to the touch.