Open as PDF
CHAPTER 4: OPERATION OPERATION
MULTILINK ML1200 MANAGED FIELD SWITCH – INSTRUCTION MANUAL 4–13
described in this section or if the Multilink ML1200 Switch is not performing as expected, do
not attempt to repair the unit; instead contact your supplier for assistance or contact GE
Multilin Customer Support.
4.2.3 Before Calling for Assistance
1. If difficulty is encountered when installing or operating the unit, refer back to
the Installation Section of the applicable chapter of this manual. Also check
to make sure that the various components of the network are interoperable.
2. Check the cables and connectors to ensure that they have been properly
connected and the cables/wires have not been crimped or in some way
impaired during installation. (About 90% of network downtime can be
attributed to wiring and connector problems.)
3. Make sure that DC power is properly attached to each Multilink ML1200
Switch unit. Use the PWR LEDs to verify each unit is receiving power.
4. If the problem is isolated to a network device other than the Multilink ML1200
Switch product, it is recommended that the problem device be replaced with a
known good device. Verify whether or not the problem is corrected. If not, go
to Step 5 below. If the problem is corrected, the Multilink ML1200 Switch and
its associated cables are functioning properly.
5. If the problem continues after completing Step 4 above, contact your supplier
of the Multilink ML1200 Switch unit or if unknown, contact GE Multilin for