Open as PDF
Installing System Components 99
• The memory speed of each channel depends on the memory configuration:
– For single- or dual-rank memory modules:
• One memory module per channel supports up to 1333 MHz.
• Two memory modules per channel support up to 1333 MHz.
• Three memory modules per channel support up to 800 MHz.
• If memory modules with different speeds are installed, they will operate at
the speed of the slowest installed memory module(s).
There are two memory channels with each channel supporting a maximum of
Table 3-1 show sample memory configurations that follow the appropriate
memory guidelines stated in this section. The samples show identical
memory-module configurations and the physical and available memory totals.
The tables do not show mixed or quad-rank memory-module configurations,
nor do they address the memory speed considerations of any configuration.
Table 3-1. Sample UDIMM Memory Configurations
Memory Sockets Processor
book.book Page 99 Monday, August 9, 2010 3:07 PM