Open as PDF
70 Using the System Setup Program and UEFI Boot Manager
When an optional iDRAC6 Express card is installed, USC provides the
following additional features:
• Downloading and applying firmware updates
• Configuring hardware and firmware
For more information about setting up USC, configuring hardware and firmware,
and deploying the operating system, see the Dell Unified Server Configurator
User’s Guide on the Dell Support website at support.dell.com/manuals.
Baseboard Management Controller Configuration
NOTE: If an iDRAC6 Express card is installed on the system, the BMC utility is
replaced by the iDRAC6 utility.
The BMC enables the configuring, monitoring, and recovering of systems
remotely. BMC provides the following features:
• Uses the system’s integrated NIC
• Enables fault logging and SNMP alerting
• Provides access to system event log and sensor status
• Allows control of system functions including power on and off
• Functions independently of the system’s power state or the system’s
• Provides text console redirection for system setup, text-based utilities,
and operating system consoles
NOTE: To remotely access the BMC through the integrated NIC, you must connect
the network connection to integrated NIC1.
For additional information on using BMC, see the documentation for the
BMC and systems management applications.
Entering the BMC Setup Module
Turn on or restart your system.
Press <Ctrl><E> when prompted after POST.
If your operating system begins to load before you press <Ctrl><E>,
allow the system to finish booting, and then restart your system
and try again.
book.book Page 70 Monday, August 9, 2010 3:07 PM