Open as PDF
Setting Up a Computer for Printing/Sending a Fax
Using a TCP/IP Network
The following is a UNIX command example.
1. U:> ftp 172.24.176.244 *Connect to server
Connected to 172.24.176.244.
220 Connection established.
2. Name (172.24.176.244:none): user_name *User login
331 Password required to login.
3. Password: *Enter password
230 User user_name logged in.
4. ftp> bin *Set file type
200 Type set to IMAGE (binary).
5. ftp> put print.txt *Upload print file
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opened BINARY data connection for file transfer.
226 Transfer complete.
6. ftp> bye *Cut off server connection
221 Server closing down connection.
Up to three clients can be logged in simultaneously to its FTP server.
You cannot perform manipulation of files (changing file names, deleting, etc.) on
the FTP server by using FTP commands.