Open as PDF
No serial connection possible when using Projector Toolset on MAC OS X or on a Linux
126.96.36.199 Set up a serial connection
Only possible when Projector Toolset runs on a Microsoft Windows platform.
Before a serial connection can be made, connect a serial cable from PC to the RS232IN connector of the
An Electronic Industries Association (EIA) serial digital interface standard specifying the char-
acteristics of the communication path between two devices using either D-SUB 9 pins or D-SUB
25 pins connectors. This standard is used for relatively short-range communications and does
not specify balanced control lines. RS-232 is a serial control standard with a set number of
conductors, data rate, word length and type of connector to be used. The standard speciﬁes
component connection standards with regard to computer interface. It is also called RS-232-C,
which is the third version of the RS-232 standard, and is functionally identical to the CCITT V.24
standard. Logical ’0’ is > + 3V, Logical ’1’ is < - 3V. The range between -3V and +3V is the tran-
Straight serial cable
1. Select the Connection properties tab (a). (image 5-5)
The right pane changes to the connection setup page.
2. Click on the radio button next to A projector connected to a serial port to select the serial connection (b).
3. Click in the Projector address input ﬁeld and enter the projector address (c).
This address must be between 0 and 255.
4. Select the serial port of your PC connected with the projector. Click on the drop down box and select
the corresponding port (d).
5. Click OK to make the connection.
R5976924 PROJECTOR TOOLSET 16/04/2009