Open as PDF
4 Replacement Procedures 4.2 Battery pack
4-8 PORTEGE A200 Maintenance Manual (960-499)
4.2 Battery pack
Removing the battery pack
The following describes the procedure for removing the battery pack. (See Figure 4-1.)
Caution: Take care not to short circuit the terminals when removing the battery pack.
Similarly, do not drop, knock, scratch, disassemble, twist, or bend the battery
1. Turn off the power of the computer.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter and all other external devices from the computer.
3. Turn the computer upside down.
4. Release the battery lock.
5. Slide the battery latch in the direction indicated by the arrow and insert your finger
into the slot to lift the battery pack up.
Figure 4-1 Removing the battery pack
Note: Dispose of the used battery pack in accordance with the laws and ordinances of
your local authority.