Open as PDF
4.2 Battery pack 4 Replacement Procedures
PORTEGE A200 Maintenance Manual (960-499) 4-9
Installing a battery pack
The following describes the procedure for installing a battery pack. (See Figure 4-2.)
Caution: There is a danger that the lithium ion battery pack may explode if not fitted,
operated, handled, or disposed correctly. Dispose always the used batteries
pack in accordance with the laws and ordinances of your local authority. Use
only the batteries approved by Toshiba.
Note: Check visually the battery terminals and clean off any dirt with a dry cloth.
1. Turn off the power of the computer.
2. Connect the AC adapter and all other external devices to the computer.
3. Turn the computer upside down.
4. Install the battery pack into the connector of the computer in the direction indicated
by the arrow. Press the battery until it is locked.
5. Lock the battery lock by lifting it up.
Figure 4-2 Installing a battery pack