Open as PDF
View: Operator Guide
A “Search for Motion at [sitename]” session appears in the session pane.
A reminder of the next step that you need to take is displayed near the upper-right
corner of the Search for Motion window. See figure 37, above.
Fig. 38. Steps to prepare a search for motion.
!50 To prepare a motion search
1. Click Motion Search and click the arrow in the Stream box to display a list of
the site’s cameras. Other streams are not listed in a Motion Search. Select a
camera from the Stream list. See #1 in figure 38.
2. Indicate date and/or time by clicking and typing in the From and To boxes. A
calendar utility is available by clicking the From and To arrows.
3. Click Fetch. Two frames of video are displayed: an initial frame from the “From…”
time and date, another, final frame, from the “To…”. The initial frame is enlarged,
for setting search options.
4. Do one of the following:
• Click Search. The “Search” button changes to either: Redefine or Stop, in case
you need change the motion options and search again.
• Use Motion Threshold options or Masking that Detects Motion, as explained
shortly, in 5.2.2 and 5.2.3.